The Best Maternity Bras: Our Top 12 Picks For 2020
Find a super comfortable bra that’s supportive and properly fitted.
A pregnant woman’s body changes rapidly due to weight gain and hormonal fluctuations. It is quite common for a woman’s breasts to increase in size during pregnancy and nursing. Due to this change, regular bras fail to provide adequate support in pregnancy.
Maternity and Nursing Bras
There are different types of maternity and nursing bras to cater to the needs of pregnant women. It is important to choose bras that provide good coverage, support, and comfort. Due to the wide variety of options, many pregnant women often find it difficult to choose the right one. This is because they have several questions about maternity and nursing bras.
Table of Contents
- FAQs About Maternity And Nursing Bras
- Our List of The Top 12 Maternity Bras of 2020
- 1. iloveSIA 3PACK Womens Full Bust Nursing Bra
- 2. BRAVADO DESIGNS Women's Body Silk Seamless Nursing Bra and Maternity Bra
- 3. Angelhood Womens Seamless Sleep Nursing Bra
- 4. HOFISH 3PACK Full Bust Seamless Nursing Maternity Bras
- 5. Suekaphin Nursing Bra
- 6. Simple Wishes DLITE Hands Free Pumping Bra
- 7. Lataly Womens Sleeping Nursing Bra
- 8. Daisity Womens Seamless Sleep Nursing Bra
- 9. Gratlin Women's Comfort Support Plus Size Cotton Maternity Nursing Bra
- 10. GXXGE 4Pack Womens Seamless Clip Down Maternity and Nursing Bra
- 11. Kindred Bravely French Terry Racerback Nursing Sleep
- 12. Kindred Bravely Sublime Hands Free Pumping Bra
- Related Posts
- Baby Bike Seats: Buyer’s Guide & My Top 10 Picks for 2020
- Baby Beach Tents: Our Top 10 Picks for 2020
- Diaper Changing Clutches: Our Top Picks For 2020
- Large Diaper Bags: Find The Best One For Two Kids
- The Best Baby Shower Gifts for Boys – 2020 Roundup
- The Best Baby Bottle Brands – 2020 Roundup
- Leave a Comment Cancel Reply
FAQs About Maternity And Nursing Bras
What is the difference between a maternity bra and a regular bra?
Although a maternity bra looks like a regular bra there are a lot of subtle design changes in them.
Cushioned Straps – Maternity bras have cushioned straps that do not dig into the shoulders. These wide straps help to support growing heavy breasts better than regular straps.
Bust Band – Maternity bras have a thick band that fits snugly under the breasts. These bands help to provide support for the growing breasts.
Extra Hooks – Maternity bras have more hooks than a regular bra. The extra hooks help to keep the bra fitted at all times. As a result, the back of the bra does not rise up and cause strain.
Is there a difference between maternity bras and nursing bras?
Yes. Nursing bras and maternity bras are different as they have unique features. Maternity bras are designed for use during pregnancy. These bras provide good support to the breasts and help to keep the user comfortable. Nursing bras have special features to make breastfeeding a simple task for the new mom.
Soft Fabric – Nursing bras are often available in soft fabrics and do not have underwire.
Clips – Nursing bras have clips to hold the bra cup to the strap. These clips can easily be detached to nurse the baby when needed. Pads – Some nursing bras also have removable pads that prevent leakage.
How do I choose a maternity bra?
Choosing a maternity bra can be tricky as your cup size keeps changing during pregnancy. It is a good idea to choose slightly larger sized maternity bras than what you are using right now. Things that you should look for in a maternity bra are
Fabric – The fabric of the maternity bra is the most important aspect that you need to check. Selecting a breathable, light fabric is important as you need to feel comfortable. Choose soft organic fabrics as they are more skin-friendly.
Support – Choose shapes that complement your cup size and give adequate support. Maternity bras that have moulded cups offer better support for growing breasts.
Straps – Check for padded or cushioned straps while selecting maternity bras. As the breasts grow and become heavy the cushioned straps will offer more comfort.
Hooks – Maternity bras should have more hooks and wider back straps than the regular bras. A wider back strap will prevent the bra from moving up and causing strain on your shoulders and lower back.
Extensions – Buy maternity bras that have extensions for the hook straps. These extensions will allow you to use the bra for a long time even if you have weight gain in pregnancy.
How many cup sizes do you go up when pregnant?
It is very common for pregnant women to go up to 2 or 3 cup sizes in pregnancy.
How many maternity bras do you need?
Ideally, you should have at least a couple of maternity bras in different sizes. It is a good idea to buy maternity bras in a larger size than what you are using now.
When should I start wearing maternity bras?
Physical changes during pregnancy differ from one woman to another. Most women notice a change in their breast size in the second trimester. It is best to use maternity bras as soon as you experience discomfort in your regular ones.
Our List of The Top 12 Maternity Bras of 2020
There are many different brands of maternity/nursing bras in the market. Each brand has its own features and unique designs which makes it difficult to choose one. To make the best choice it is a good idea to compare the features of each bra against the others. The most popular nursing and maternity bras chosen by expectant mothers in 2020 are
1. iloveSIA 3PACK Womens Full Bust Nursing Bra
The iloveSIA wire-free seamless nursing bras are available in a pack of 3. The ultrasoft material of these bras makes them perfect for everyday wear. These nursing bras are certified under Standard 100 by Oeko-Tex requirements. This means that these bras do not have any harmful substances on them this makes safe for intimate use. This nursing bra has a full cup drop feature that allows maximum skin contact while nursing.
2. BRAVADO DESIGNS Women's Body Silk Seamless Nursing Bra and Maternity Bra
The flexible fabric of this bra stretches 4 ways and accommodates changing cup sizes and body shape. The hands-free nursing bra accessory from Bravado Design has won the Mom’s Choice Award. This accessory needs to be used with the nursing bra for a convenient breast-pumping experience. This bra is available in full cup sizes and is designed to provide extra lift and support for larger busts.
3. Angelhood Womens Seamless Sleep Nursing Bra
The Angelhood nursing bras are available in a pack of 3 and come included with 3 matching extenders. The seamless design, ribbed gore, and wide side face give full coverage and support. The soft stretchy bra fabric expands well to accommodate bust growth in pregnancy and nursing.
4. HOFISH 3PACK Full Bust Seamless Nursing Maternity Bras
The HOFISH bralettes can be used as both maternity and nursing bras. The bras have a seamless design and offer better support and comfort. This pack of 3 bras comes included with 3 sets of bra extenders and clips.
5. Suekaphin Nursing Bra
6. Simple Wishes DLITE Hands Free Pumping Bra
7. Lataly Womens Sleeping Nursing Bra
8. Daisity Womens Seamless Sleep Nursing Bra
9. Gratlin Women's Comfort Support Plus Size Cotton Maternity Nursing Bra
10. GXXGE 4Pack Womens Seamless Clip Down Maternity and Nursing Bra
These bras have a unique mesh design that helps to keep you comfortable and dry for a long time. The super flexible cups can stretch to up to 1.5 times to accommodate the changing size.
11. Kindred Bravely French Terry Racerback Nursing Sleep
12. Kindred Bravely Sublime Hands Free Pumping Bra
This hands-free nursing and pumping bra makes nursing and pumping an easy task for new moms. The patented EasyClip feature allows for tandem nursing and pumping. The bra design promotes maximum skin contact while nursing as the cup can be dropped away. This hands-free pumping bra is compatible with all standard pump flanges. The soft stretchy fabric of this bra provides good support all day long.
We hope you enjoyed our article on “Best Maternity Bras”, if so, please share it.